Tuesday, 29 May 2007


WHY I AM AN AFRICAN

NBF AFRICAN LEADERSHIP PROGRAMME

MAY 2007

In general the world has no accumulated wealth and is in a comfortable place to accommodate Africa. Lets come back and do favours at least our wealth will not be shaken i.e. we are in a comfortable position to decide what we can let go / what we can protect / what we have.

Values vs Economics

Africa values families. It values its extension as its wealth. No man is an island and Umntu ngumntu ngabantu.

This has transferred its impact to what we do and how we spread our wealth. A family was spread to achieve and the collection of riches according to skills. Those good at ploughing will go the field etc. When wealth is achieved would be spread amongst each other.

Am I my brother’s keeper?

What we do today still relates to this for if I have completed my studies I should help my brother sister to complete hers out of the little beginners salary. This is tough since I have yet to meet my forward planning and reserve for the needs of my nucleus family.

This is Ubuntu and that makes me an African.

No comments: