Tuesday, 29 May 2007

WHY I AM AN AFRICAN

NBF AFRICAN LEADERSHIP PROGRAMME

MAY 2007

I was once described, I am assuming he was telling his family and trying to describe to them, and words he used were strong African features. It hurt because even though I know I am African and have a wide nose and lips and kinky hair, I do not feel that defines me. I do not go around thinking I am black.

I see myself as a girl born on Saturday to my family. The only thing I feel differentiates me from another person is more of lack of enough resources and exposure to things. An African to me is a person in most instances with limited resources that affect and defines how he/she fits into the world.

You find that more you speak of with less of an accept, the more you understand western culture perceived less aggressive, the more you are embraced by the western world and almost awarded for it. I am a human being.

No comments: