Tuesday, 29 May 2007

WHY I AM AN AFRICAN

NBF AFRICAN LEADERSHIP PROGRAMME

MAY 2007

It means I need to acknowledge who I am and where I came from and where I need to go as I am African.

It means I need to acknowledge that we have different kind individuals, community, organization and nations with similar and different worldviews and that I need to accept that so as I can find a common purpose of being an African.

It means I have to acknowledge that I am an African because of other Africans and my interaction with others should be to think of the organization, communities and nationals and the continent in my endeavours to be an African for Africa.

It means I need to ask myself on any …. That I do as an African is it going to help the organization, my community, my nation, my African continent forward for the benefit of all humanity.

It means as a leader I should serve my organization, my community, my nation, my Africa with a distinct ….. that I am an African because of other Africans. It means I am being guided by the concept of Ubuntu where I am because of you are.

It means I should lead or I am truly an African to serve my people, to create an environment where we would act to do something for the benefit of the group, an organization, a community, a nation, an African before my own individual needs.

It means I need to accept that we are all equal and we have different qualities of humankind for the benefit or our being then I am an African.

It means I need to listen, give all people in a group, an organization, a community, a nation, in Africa, an opportunity to express their views, to participate in debate, to make …… on issues that would make Africa and the world better for all human beings

It means I am an African because you are an African.

No comments: