Tuesday, 29 May 2007

WHY I AM AN AFRICAN

NBF AFRICAN LEADERSHIP PROGRAMME

MAY 2007

It is an honour, a privilege to be able to trace my origins from such a magnificent continent. A place where pain, adversity, poverty has failed to erode the principles of humility, hope and belief in a better tomorrow.

The rainbow symbolises all the people originating from their respective countries, allows me to subscribe to the vision of colour. Brilliance, courage, Ubuntu and never leaving others behind to me speaks of Africa.

Sometimes I am tempted to believe that the architecture of anyone born in Africa allows them to experience, explore and yet be seen as the only ones of a kind who would have survived certain trials.

It is a combination of colour and courage that makes me believe that Africa’s destiny is brighter than it was yesterday. I believe Africa looks upon me with great expectations, allowing me to use resources to reverse fortunes while empowering many to take notice.

Africa to me is a continent that has never known when and how to give up.