Tuesday, 29 May 2007

WHY I AM AN AFRICAN

NBF AFRICAN LEADERSHIP PROGRAMME

MAY 2007


Not only am I born in Africa, but my roots are deeply rooted in it. I have a sense of belonging to this that I am a son of the soil – mwana wevhu. As an African I am greatly influenced by my culture with its values which I have a lot of work to do to change the misconceptions therein. As an African I have a lot of work in changing my history – of poverty – to that of accumulating wealth.

I have a lot of taboos – myths to unearth i.e. witchcraft, traditional ceremonies and many other spiritual beliefs. This I have to make clear that it does not influence the future but only working hard and being open-minded. As an African I have to deal with issues of the blood line ie curses and names put on us by our forefathers. I am proud of being an African and that fact that I am working from behind in every aspect of life e.g. political. economic and social changes gives me the vigour to continuously work even harder.

No comments: